These last weeks have been a bit of a whirlwind. Whoever thought that planning a wedding while finishing a PhD, getting a driving license and planning an 8-month honeymoon was a good idea, should maybe reconsider that statement because there are only 24 hours in one day (hint: the person is commonly known under the name starting with “S” and ending on “ophie”).
Luckily, we got to cross off some more items of our to do list:
- Sophie finished her PhD manuscript and got it printed. It’s all still quite unreal.
- Manolo and Sophie went suit shopping. Oh boy, was that an adventure… Who knew there were so many different shades of black, blue and white. That’s why in the end Manolo decided to go for something completely different. A Belgium suit, anyone? Or how about a camouflage suit for a wedding? What do you think?
- Sophie and Manolo had a lovely dinner with Jan-Pieter, the beer sommelier, to discuss the beer degustation. No doubt it’s going to be epic.
- We hired a day-of wedding coordinator to take care of all the details on the big day, so we can just enjoy the moment.
- Manolo and Sophie went to have a look at the bed and breakfast where they will get dressed and have their first look. It is even more perfect than they imagined.
- Manolo had a tiny panic attack because of an issue with the transportation (okay, that was not on the to do list). But as always, we’ll find a solution.
Sophie’s brother got married last week in the South of France, so that was the perfect opportunity for us to steal all of their ideas! *rub hands together like a maffioso and laugh viciously*
One idea we will not steal, though, is the dresscode inspired by the roaring twenties. We’re sorry, but you’ll have to wear your favorite feathers and hats at home.
Also, note to ourselves (yes, that really means you, Manolo), make sure to bring a handkerchief. If their wedding was a good indication, there will be plenty of happy tears.
We wish you a very happy marriage, Mathieu and Wieke!
We are crossing our fingers that mailmen all across the globe will guide our invitations to the right adresses and deliver them safe and sound. (And – if it’s not too much to ask – in a timely manner)
Let’s hold a moment of silence for the 3 brave black pens that died in the process of addressing all the envelopes.
Now that Sophie is finally back from Geneva, it is time to talk wedding! The wedding date is approaching, and while we took care of the important things before Sophie left (such as food, drinks, venue and wedding dress), we still need to decide on many many details!
What better way to discuss the wedding than enjoying the first days of spring on our balcony with a champagne apero (ok, cava).
Tenía algunas dudas sobre si sobreviviría a mi despedida de soltero… pero lo hice (la semana siguiente fue muy dura, eso si).
I survived my bachelor party with Spanish alcohols standards to which I´m not used to any more!!
Sólo agradecer a todos los que fueron y el curro detrás del fantástico fin de semana!!!